Monday, February 27, 2012

My Brother's Project

I am super lucky to have 2 of my brothers and their families, living nearby. One of my brothers, lives about a mile from my house. The other day he and his wife were over & I was working in the backyard trying to remove a pygmy palm. Can I just say, WOW! That is a project and a half!! Not sure I will undertake that again. Anyway, as I was moving the rock back and trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to hack away at the stubborn roots of this palm, my brother decides to come out and stand there and proceed to give me tips on how to use a shovel, etc. Slightly annoying. Aargh. Anyway, I finally turned around and told him that if he was going to critique me, he could help. Long story short, it ended up with him removing the palm and me standing there, jumping on it to try to loosen the roots. It's a good thing we don't have a video of it. Embarrasing. Well, the palm is gone. But, he was going out of town the next day and had a small project he hadn't finished, so I told Bekah, my SIL, that I'd come over and finish it for him, since he was helping me & didn't get to it.

When I got to their house, this is what I found. Hideous. He had tried to refinish their little backyard table in this nasty orange color. My SIL and I sanded and sanded on that table. Finally, on Friday, last week, we progressed to using paint stripper. What a mess!



However, this is what it looks like now, freshly stained in my favorite Minwax stain, Provincial. I love that color and use it for everything. I can't think of an occasion that it doesn't look good. And after 6 long hours on Friday, it is finished!! YAY! It looks lovely. Great job, Bekah! And to my brother, I don't think you should do any more projects like that any time soon. Because if you do, you are on your own!!


No comments:

Post a Comment