Thursday, January 17, 2013

Craft Room Organization, Pinterest Craft With a Little Gardening Thrown In


Check it out! I love it! This was a pinterest craft find...from Little Birdie Secrets. So easy. She even has a short tutorial. That's the best.


This is what has taken up most of the time since Christmas...the dreaded workroom clean out! I have been purging through every craft item and finding ways to make the space I have more useable, since, as everyone knows, a craft person will fill every nook and cranny and then need even more space. I think I probably could have gone through everything a second time as well, but this is as good as it gets for now.


As you can see, I have a space for the sewing machines so that they are easily reachable to use, but still are not continuously sitting on my work table. That has been pretty great. I do have cases for them, but then I never seem to want to put them back in...it's so much hassle. And they do get used on a weekly basis, so it's not like they are just sitting there gathering dust.


I put a piece of glass on this table due to make it easier to scrape paint off it, and also due to the soldering irons that I use sometimes for jewelry. I had one out on the table and the heat caused the paint to bubble slightly. That was when I knew I had to invest in a glass top. Pier1 has them for a good price, which was where this one came from.

In the corner of the room, you can just see the new ribbon organizer I found at Joann's for 40 percent off (around $13). These are, by far, the best way to organize ribbon that I have seen. And, as you can see, I already need one more. (grimace)


This little tomato starts are doing pretty well, considering one of the grow light bulbs is burned out, and I am needing to rotate the trays around to make sure each plant gets enough light. Supposedly the replacement bulbs have shipped. (wink, wink) We shall see. Be that as it may, from the picture above, you can see that they are just getting their 2nd set of leaves. This is about the time that they can start receiving some liquid plant food. As these little guys will grow, those larger leaves, their first ones, will actually start to turn yellow and fall off. They have those so they can get enough nutrients to get their true leaves and then when they have them, these first ones aren't needed anymore. So don't be alarmed it you see that happening. It's perfectly normal.

Well, Pinterest Club has been rescheduled to next Thursday, January 24th. We had a little trouble finding enough wood at the surrounding stores to make the frames from. What is up with that? Additionally, there were people requesting frames up to last night, and it is just a little difficult to make 43 frames overnight. It's not like we are getting paid for it, either.

So, that's all for today. Happy crafting, and gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment