Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Recipe and a little bit of Chickens (not related)


Saw this recipe on Pinterest but originally from "The Girl Who Ate Everything" and loved the sound of it! Lasagna Roll Ups are definately going to be added to my go to recipes! Just about everyone in my family ate them all up, with the exception of one person, who will remain nameless, (Rylan), who simply pushed it around on his plate!! These were really good!



So, Haylee happened to actually catch some young pullets at my father-in-laws. For those of you who don't know what those are, they are teenager chickens. These ones, and there are 3 of them, even though in the picture you can only really see 2, are used to running around with their mommy hen. It makes me a little bit sad to take them from their mom, but my father-in-law simply has too too many chickens and roosters at his house. We have them housed within the original chicken coop in their own little chicken coop. This is to get the other 4 hens used to having them around and hopefully limit any pecking, etc. on them.


This hen has been hanging out in front of the little coop where the new babies are and as soon as I opened the door to let the babies out, ran in to peck the white one. I strongly suspect that white baby is a rooster, but we shall see. Hopefully not. 


 


Found this little baby (the ladder pictured above), like a prize, in a trash heap by the side of the road in our neighborhood! My husband, when I told him about my wonderful find, simply said, "Please don't dig through other people's trash. Did anyone see you?" I had to chuckle to myself! Anyway, I think it is simply awesome and I plan to use it in my garden as a trellis for melons, etc. So excited by this find! Been wanting one for simply ages.





Mr. Harrison needed to come outside with me yesterday to help bring the ladder out of the car, and also needed the dreaded fire truck. By dreaded, I mean that it makes a LOT of noise, which is probably what he likes, and my daughters absolutely hate it! (chuckle) I laugh because they are getting a little bit of payback for all the noise I have had to endure over the years with them! Payback truly is great! Anyway, Harrison was having a great time with the fire truck until it got stuck in the grass and would not move, in which case a giant case of tears ensued! 

No comments:

Post a Comment