Monday, January 28, 2013

January Pinterest Club


January Pinterest Club was definately well attended. These are some of the examples of the Valentine's Board we did. My niece, Shelby, did the light gray above, & I really like the way it turned out!






I like this dark gray one as well. I am making mine very similar to this one above. The stencils were cut with the Silhouette Cameo. I really like the versatility of the machine. I like that I can cut any font, any size that I might have on my computer. I also like that they made it Apple compatible, since the first version was not. I do think that the Silhouette is fairly easy to use, and cuts a little better than the Cricut machine that I have. 


One of the other projects that we did were these frames. They are 15" x 15" square, with an 8" x 8" opening. The stencils, again, were cut using the Silhouette Cameo, using binder cover for the stencil material. I would say that it did very well, holding up wonderfully project after project. We only had a couple minor problems.  One, on a few, some of the sticky tape used to connect the binder covers together making it large enough, would come apart. The second thing, was actually with the person doing the stenciling, and it was in using too much paint on their brush, or using a sponge stencil applicator instead of an actual stencil brush. 


I love this chevron look!


I have to say, the stencil brush does do a significantly better job than that of a stencil applicator sponge. This frame above, in the blue and periwinkle, was done by my daughter, Haylee. Some of the trim was hand cut, and it did give it a very cute look. She did a great job. 


The black and white frames are also a favorite! I haven't actually done mine yet, and I don't know exactly what color I am going to choose! 


The third project we did was a burlap pillow with a stitched ribbon heart. It was so cute, but I neglected to get a pic of it before my friend who did it went home. There was definately a giant amount of work for Pinterest Club this time. If I had to do it again, I think I would limit the amount of frames that could be ordered, as most people weren't able to finish theirs anyway, and it just was a little too much! 



However, they all turned out amazing! They even looked great in a solid color only!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment