Friday, January 11, 2013

Tomato Starts


Well, it's that time of year again...time to start little seedlings for the spring garden! If you haven't begun doing so, better get on it! I have, over the years, tried various potting methods, and this year, I decided to invest in some small pots for my soon to be finished (hopefully this weekend YAY) little greenhouse. For markers, I read somewhere about cutting up used and cleaned yogurt containers, and that is what I have been doing. These seedlings are a few days old and don't have their 2nd set of little leaves yet.



I've been hearing a lot about "smash book" lately. As soon as I checked it out, I realized I have been doing this kind of thing as a garden book for the last few years. I purchased this eco journal from Barnes & Noble and have customized it for the garden. (It is still available there for $12.95.) Every year, I just add a new tab on the side of a clean page with the new year on it and keep on going. This particular one above is several years old, & I love it! 


For a while, I thought I would just keep my blog and print everything out, but it does lose the coolness, if you know what I mean. I'm talking about all the little doodad's that make a smash book awesome. So, celebrate your gardening awesomeness and begin your own little smash book for your garden! It's so fun to look back at how the garden changes through the years. Happy gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment